Hood and parts
You may also be interested in:
Hood and parts: used and new from private and commercial sellers near you
Hood and parts (locks, hinges, support rods, and sound insulation) are car body parts that protect the engine bay from moisture and damage, and improve the vehicle’s aerodynamics. They often tend to get damaged because of their location. If deformation is severe, they have to be replaced.
Depending on the material used, hoods can be:
- Steel. Cheap and repairable. But heavy and prone to corrosion.
- Aluminium. Light and non-rusting. More expensive.
- Plastic. Cheap and resistant to ambient impacts. Can’t be repaired.
- Fibreglass. Light and high-strength. Used for car tuning.
- Carbon fibre reinforced plastic. Ultra-light and robust. Vulnerable to localized impacts which makes them lose colour. Expensive.
Support rods can be:
- Manual support rods. Safe but not convenient to use and difficult to mount.
- Gas struts. When worn-out, they might cause the lid to close accidentally.
Hoods fitted with air vents are used for car tuning. They are optimal for turbocharged engines.
At the AUTODOC Classifieds online platform, you can find a huge choice of new and used components from private and commercial sellers near you. To buy a high-quality spare, arrange to meet in person. Thus, you’ll be able to make sure that the element is usable, to negotiate the price, and get a deal.
Don’t clutter your garage with unnecessary but serviceable car parts. Sell them easily and at a bargain price. Create informative advertisements in no time. Placing them on our web resource is always free.