Towbar / parts
You may also be interested in:
Towbars: used and new components near you from private and commercial sellers
Towbars help to evenly distribute the loads exerted on the vehicle when it tows trailers, boats, travel trailers, etc. These components differ in methods of attachment of the hook to the frame and are classified into:
- Solid. These have a robust welded construction and can’t be removed from the frame.
- Fixed. These components are secured with bolts. Their dismantling is time-consuming.
- Detachable. The working part is attached with the help of a special locking mechanism. Installation and dismantling take seconds.
- Retractable. Can be hidden under the bumper. Sometimes, they are equipped with an electric drive.
By the shape of the ball:
- Type A with two fasteners;
- Type B with a detachable hook and a central nut;
- Type C/BMA/BMC are vertically or horizontally detachable with an anti-theft lock;
- Type E are detachable with a square cross-section, designed for American car makes;
- Type F/FC are height-adjustable;
- Type G are attached with four bolts;
- Type H are welded and fixed.
- Type N are versatile with four mounting holes.
- Type V are without height adjustment.
By towing capacity. It might be 1.5, 2.5, or 3.5 tons.
AUTODOC Classifieds enables you to buy or sell a towbar quickly. Private and commercial classifieds can be published here for free. New components often have a warranty. If you buy used car parts, you can meet the seller in person, examine the item, and negotiate its price.
Buy and sell successfully together with AUTODOC Classifieds.