You may also be interested in:
Motorcycle parts: used and new from private and commercial sellers near you
Motorcycles need regular maintenance. This involves adjusting mechanisms and replacing consumables and faulty components. Familiarise yourself with the vehicle owner’s manual to install all necessary parts at the right intervals.
Motorcycle parts with a short service life include:
- Shock absorbers and springs. Due to the structural features of the vehicles, these components are exposed to aggressive environmental factors.
- Oil filter. It is advisable to change it together with the oil every 5,000 – 10,000 km.
- Chain. Not lubricating it regularly and improper tensioning of the chain can lead to its premature wear.
- Bearings of the steering stem and front wheel. These deteriorate when driving on bad roads.
- Tyres. These are consumables that affect handling. They should be replaced when the remaining tread depth is 1.6 mm.
- Brake pads. Should be replaced every 5,000 – 6,000 km.
- Cooling fan fuse. If this fails, the engine will overheat.
- Spark plugs. If condensation accumulates on them, it becomes difficult to start the engine.
There is a wide variety of new and used parts from private and commercial sellers near you on the AUTODOC Classifieds website. You can always meet face to face to check the condition of the product and buy it straight away.
If you have any components you don’t need, you can sell them easily with the help of AUTODOC Classifieds. Post your ads for free and get offers from potential buyers.