You may also be interested in:
Winter tyres: used and new from private and commercial sellers near you
Winter tyres are good at retaining their elasticity even at ambient temperatures below zero. A special tread pattern ensures a good grip on the road surface. They can be fitted with studs.
- Nordic. Have deep sipes, are ideal for snowy and icy roads. They lose a grip on wet and dry surfaces. Suitable for relaxed driving.
- European. Ensure good water drainage. Demonstrate excellent performance on dry, wet, and slushy roads. Suitable for aggressive driving. Lose their steerability and cross-country ability on packed snow.
Different kinds of tread patterns:
- Symmetric nondirectional. Optimal for urban and snowy roads.
- Symmetric directional. Suitable for driving in the rain. Reduces the vehicle’s cross-country ability on loose snow.
- Asymmetric nondirectional. A versatile option for areas with changeable weather conditions.
An approximate lifespan is 5 years with the average annual mileage of 10,000 km. These components are to be changed when the remaining tread depth is less than 4 mm or in case they crack or lose their elasticity.
Buy new and used components near you using AUTODOC Classifieds. Arrange a meeting with a private seller to check the goods and negotiate their price. You can buy spares not only for passenger cars but for commercial vehicles as well.
If you have any parts you don’t need, sell them on the AUTODOC Classifieds website. Placing adverts is always free of charge.